Did you know that taking only five minutes out of the day to meditate can make all the difference in our overall health and productivity at work? Simple and oh so rewarding! If it works for Salesforce Chairman, CEO and Co-founder Marc Benioff and LinkedIn Executive Chairman Jeff Weiner, it can work for you too.
Meditation offers reduced stress and anxiety; improved focus and concentration; and improved creativity and decision-making.
Don’t know how to meditate? Follow these easy steps:
- Find a Quiet and Comfortable Place
- Sit Comfortably Anywhere in Any Position
- Set a Timer
- Close Your Eyes and Relax: Take a few deep, slow breaths through your nose if possible.
- Focus on Your Breath: If your mind wanders, gently bring your attention back to your breathing.
- Observe Your Thoughts: It is like watching clouds pass in the sky. Then return to your breathing.
- At the End Slowly Open Your Eyes.
Meditation is a practice that takes time to develop. Give yourself a challenge—mediate five minutes a day for 30 days. You will be happy you did. Take the challenge!
(An informative health and wellness article from the Chamber’s Live Better St. Tammany Committee member Zeringue & Associates Law Firm.)